Conservation Resources Advisory Committee
The Conservation Resources Advisory Committee (CRAC) was created to advise the Council regarding formulating and reviewing policy and program alternatives to effectively develop the region's cost-effective conservation potential having significance to the Sixth Pacific Northwest Conservation and Electric Power Plan. The Regional Technical Forum (RTF) provides expert technical review of the Council's assessment. The Committee will address:
- Action Plan items for the Sixth Power Plan
- Implementation mechanisms and alternatives
- Near-term and long-term achievability rates
- Regulatory incentives
- Treatment of energy savings potential from the direct use of natural gas
- Uncertainty of conservation costs and savings
- Avoided cost methodology
The CRAC is chartered under the Federal Advisory Committee Act. Its members are appointed by the Council. Specific members can be solicited by the Council or membership can be voluntary in response to requests for membership. CRAC meetings are open to the public.
For more information, or to be added to the meeting distribution list, please contact Aggar Assefa, (503) 222-5161.