The Council is a compact of the states of Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington and is directed by the Northwest Power Act of 1980, a federal law, to prepare a power plan to assure the Pacific Northwest region an adequate, efficient, economical, and reliable power supply. The power plan includes a program to protect, mitigate and enhance fish and wildlife of the Columbia River Basin affected by hydropower dams.
See our About page for more.
Social media and feeds
- Visit Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo, Instagram, flickr
- Use our RSS feed for the latest articles and blog posts
Contacts and staff/Council member photos
Public Affairs staff
- John Harrison, Information Officer (for most press releases and media queries)
- Carol Winkel, Communications Specialist (writer, social media editor)
- Eric Schrepel, Web Developer
- Mark Walker, Division Director
The PNG below can be used any size (print or screen). Or download a zipped folder of the Council's logos in various formats.