Over the past several years the Council, Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) and NOAA Fisheries worked with fish and wildlife managers and project sponsors to draft a Habitat Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RM&E) Strategy for the Columbia Basin. The primary focus of this draft strategy is to provide guidance for habitat RM&E actions funded by BPA. The geographical scope of this strategy includes all tributaries of the Columbia River Basin included in the Columbia River Basin Fish and Wildlife Program. A series of workshops were held around the region to discuss and refine the draft strategy. Information generated during the workshops will be incorporated into any future strategy development.
Workshop Dates and Notes:
- October 1: Spokane, 1:30-4:30, Spokane Public Library, 906 W Main Ave, meeting room 1A - Workshop notes
- October 23: Boise, 9-noon, IDFG, 600 Walnut St., Boise, ID. Trophy Room - Workshop notes
- October 28: The Dalles, 9-noon, Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, 5000 Discovery Drive - Workshop notes
- November 13: Portland, 1-4pm, Northwest Power and Conservation Council, 851 SW 6th Ave., Suite 1100 - Workshop notes
- November 18: Wenatchee, 12:30 - 3:30pm, Chelan County Fire District Station 11, 206 Easy Street - Workshop notes