- Power Planning
- Power Supply
- Conservation Resources Advisory Committee
- Demand Forecasting
- Demand Response
- Generating Resources Advisory Committee
- Hydro Supply Curves
- Natural Gas Advisory Committee
- Northwest Energy Efficiency Task Force
- Northwest Wind Integration Forum
- Regional Technical Forum (RTF)
- Resource Adequacy
- Resource Strategies Advisory Committee
- System Analysis Advisory Committee (SAAC)
Hydro Supply Curves
The Council held a meeting in March 2012 related to the development of regional hydro supply curves, to be used in the planning process of the Council’s next power plan. Supply curves estimate the price and quantity of available resources.
The purpose of this meeting was to start a conversation with the region to determine what information is needed and/or desired, what sources of existing information or studies can we pull from, what technologies should be included in the scope of hydropower (i.e. new projects vs. retrofits to existing projects, utilizing irrigation dams, hydrokinetics), and what methodology should be used to develop the supply curves.
See presentation from that meeting and stay tuned for upcoming news.
For more information and/or to be added to distribution list, please contact Gillian Charles, 503-222-5161.