Go to Resources Tools and Maps 

Process for Updating Content and Reporting Corrections

Content for the Program Resource Maps is maintained by the Council’s staff and can be view on the Resource Tools and Maps websiteCouncil staff relies extensively on state fish and wildlife agencies, tribes, NOAA-Fisheries and other partners for keeping the content of these maps accurate.

Council staff will determine whether requested change(s) can be made as-is or whether a technical meeting of entities with authority is necessary to discuss the change(s).

In general, if the requested change(s) is a simple data entry error or is a change requested by the same entity as the document source entity for that content (see below) the change will be made upon request. If the requested change may affect content from a collaborative process or document, then a meeting to discuss the change with all involved entities will be convened.

All requested changes to the content of the Program's Resource Tools and Maps must be communicated in writing to Mark Fritsch (O&M maps) or Nancy Leonard (Objective maps) of the Council’s Fish and Wildlife Division staff.

When requesting a change please provide your full contact information (full name, affiliation, email, phone number) so we can contact you for further clarifications.

The process for requesting changes is:

  • Corrections to errors
    • Indicate the error and where it is located. You can provide a screen shot of the error with the following information: species, run, population (or superpopulation or subset population name), objective value, objective variable name, author and year.
    • Provide the correct information and supporting source.
  • Updating an entity’s currently displayed content with newly published information by that same entity (e.g., state, tribal, federal)
    • Indicate the location of the content you want changed in the mapping tool (see section Corrections to errors for information needed).
    • Provide the exact location of the new information (e.g., page, table) in the source document. If the information is found in multiple locations please provide a summary table or file that shows the obsolete information and the new information along with the source reference.
  • Updating a displayed content produced by a collaborative process or co-authors from different entities (e.g. subbasin plans)
    • Provide the suggested change(s) to Council staff (see section Corrections to errors for information needed).
    • Provide the new information including supporting source (actual document or hyperlink to the online source).
    • Indicate additional entities and contact person(s) who should be involved in the discussion.
    • Council staff will contact all entities (suggested and others as needed) to arrange a technical meeting to discuss the requested change.