Agenda for the first meeting of Demand Forecast Advisory Committee For the Seventh Power Plan
Was Held: May 23rd 2013 start at 10:00 AM closing at 3:30 PM
Greetings and introduction of new members
- Review of agenda
- Discussion of Council’s planning process
- A brief over-view of Council’s long-term Demand model
PDF of Presentation Materials
Open Discussion Topic Areas for Key Drivers of load forecast
- Population forecast
- Changing demographics
- Can climate change bring more population to NW?
- Residential Sector new unit additions
- Have you seen a shift from single to multi-family housing?
- Do you see increase in high-rise residential units (4 story and above)?
- How are you planning to incorporate findings from Residential Building Stock Assessment study?
- Commercial Sector floor space addition
- Do you see a slow-down in commercial construction activities?
- Have you seen a shift in building mix?
- Industrial Sector output
- Have you seen re-shoring/ resurgence of industrial sector?
- Do you see a rebirth of industrial sector?
- Is the Growth in large data centers going to continue?
- Transportation sector
- Do you see growth in Electric vehicles continuing?
- Do you think natural gas vehicles are going to take-off?
- Economic Scenarios (Highs and Lows)
Schedule for the 7th Plan
- Timing of the 7th Power Plan
- Schedule for the next meeting/webinar
Large conference room Council offices
(We will have a break for lunch - on your own - from 11:45 to 1:00)
To participate in the meeting remotely go to:
Join the conference call: