In person at Council's offices or by webinar. In person attendance is encouraged.
All meetings are recorded and recordings are available on request.
For those who cannot attend in person: Register for the GoToWebinar.
An email with your unique entry link will be sent after registration.
Fuels Advisory Committee
October 24, 2023, 9:00am - 12:30pm Pacific
|1||Welcome, Introductions, and Background The Natural Gas Advisory Committee is now the Fuels Advisory Committee||Chair Steven Simmons & Vice Chair Tomás Morrissey||9:00 – 9:30 am|
|2||Natural Gas Prices, Forecasting, and Fundamentals||Steven Simmons & Tomás Morrissey||9:30 – 10:20 am|
|3||Hydrogen Infrastructure and Gas Turbine Overview – Mitsubishi Power||John Robbins||10:20 – 11:00 am|
|Break 11:00 – 11:10 (10 mins)|
|4||Power to Gas – Avista||James Gall & Tom Pardee||11:10 – 12:00|
|5||Wrap up and Next Steps||Steven Simmons & Tomás Morrissey||12:00 – to end|
- Kick off of the inaugural FAC – a new advisory committee and begin to establish parameters for the upcoming power plan
- Expansion of fuels types to include hydrogen, RNG,…
- Clean energy policies and their effect on fuel
- Emissions – upstream and entire supply chain
- Fuel operations – production (fossil and green H2), pipeline, storage, electricity generation
- Gas decarbonization strategies
- Natural Gas Price Forecasting – delivering a long-term price forecast of natural gas for upcoming power system work, including resource adequacy and market studies
- Other fuels today (guest speakers) – Hydrogen/Ammonia
- Wrap up and next steps