SAAC/GRAC Combined meeting
Council Offices or by Webinar
Introductions, Review of agenda
- Review the role of the GRAC, SAAC
Review of existing power system and coal retirements (Gillian Charles)
Review of existing state/city/utility policies (Charles)
- Renewable Portfolio Standards, Clean/carbon restrained policies§Understand how the different policies complement and potentially create restraints; stakeholder input
Interpretation and translation of existing system and policies into the power system models for the 2021 Power Plan (John Ollis)
- Discussion of proposed implementation in capital expansion models
LUNCH – on your own
Discussion about implications of state energy policies and preliminary model results (Ollis)
- Will clean energy resources have tags (e.g. RECS) to allow remote resources to meet RPS/clean requirements?
- Which policies should we assume will be followed per the “spirit” of the law vs. the “letter” of the law?Group discussion and feedback (Mike Starrett)
- Check-in with extra-regional planners (Desert SW, Mountain W, CA, Canada)
- Regional planners (IOUs and public utilities)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 309 2070
Access Code: 815-747-965