Meeting is from 5:00pm - 7:00pm Pacific / 6:00pm - 8:00pm Mountain
The Northwest Power Act requires the Council to conduct at least one public hearing in each of the four Northwest states represented on the Council when accepting public comments on a draft power plan or fish and wildlife program.
In order to protect public health during the pandemic, the Council has decided not to conduct in-person hearings. Instead, each of the states will host an online hearing, and persons are encouraged to attend their state's hearing. However, people who live outside the host state are welcome to attend the hearings and testify. All hearings will be recorded and transcripts will be produced.
If you are not able to attend a virtual hearing, use our online comment page or email comments to email@example.com.
How to participate in the Washington hearing
- To present oral comments, sign up here on or before October 7 to add your name to the list of speakers.
- On October 7 after 5pm (6pm Mountain), join the webinar from your computer, tablet or smartphone. Or by phone, call 1 866 899 4679, access code: 368-840-061.
- During the hearing, you'll be able to see your name on the list of speakers. We'll call on you when it's your turn to testify.
Washington hearing agenda
- 5pm Pacific (6pm Mountain): Hearing begins
- Opening statements by Council members
- Overview of the 2021 Northwest Power Plan – Ben Kujala, director of power planning
- Public testimony
Any person participating in the meeting should review and abide by the Code of Conduct expected of all who participate in the Council’s public forums.