RAAC Technical Committee
9:00am - 12:00pm Pacific/10:00am - 1:00pm Mountain
December 1, 2020
Webinar Only - See Below
All Advisory Committee meetings are recorded. Recordings are available on request.
Links to meeting material:
9:00 – 9:15 Introductions, schedule, and approval of minutes
9:15 – 9:45 Recommended modifications to reference case assumptions
(see links to material for meeting above)
- SW winter market: 2500 MW spot all hours, 3000 purchase ahead LLH
- SW summer market: 1250 MW, hours starting 9 ending 2, no purchase ahead
- IPP winter: Full (2403 MW) all hours
- IPP summer: Full (was 1116 MW, add 1287 MW), hours starting 9 ending 2
- MT and WY wind: Included
- EE: 7th plan EE until draft 2021 plan EE is available, with new hourly shapes
9:45 – 10:15 Preliminary 2025 adequacy assessment
- Effects of new ref case assumptions (vs. old assumptions)
- Effects of CC-data (vs. historic-data)
- Removal of MT and WY wind?
10:15 – 10:45 Sensitivity Studies
- Load vs. SW winter market heat map
(low, med, high) vs. (1500, 2500, 3500)
- Load vs. SW summer market heat map
(low, med, high) vs. (625, 1250, 1875)
- Sensitivity to summer hourly availability for IPP and market supplies?
10:45 – 11:00 Recommendations to Steering Committee
11:00 – 11:45 Revising the Council’s adequacy standard
11:45 – 12:00 Update on the redeveloped GENESYS model
Please register for RAAC Technical Comm - Dec 1, 2020 at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.