RAAC Technical Committee
1:30pm - 4:00pm Pacific/2:30pm - 5:00pm Mountain
October 6, 2020
Webinar Only - See Below
All Advisory Committee meetings are recorded. Recordings are available on request.
Presentation slide deck
1:30 – 1:45 Introductions and approval of minutes from July 2020 meeting
1:45 – 2:30 Preliminary 2025 and 2027 adequacy assessments
- Comparison to 2024 assessment (magnitude and seasonality)
- Weighting for climate change scenarios
- Concerns about using CC data
2:30 – 3:00 Special Studies
- With historical flows and temperatures
- 1929-2008 hydro and 1949-2017 temps, independent
- Same as above but without MT and WY wind
- 1979-2008 hydro and 1988-2017 temps, independent
- 1979-2008 hydro and 1979-2008 temps, in lockstep
- Allowing full IPP availability year-round (except during SW evening peak)
- Adding 1,250 MW of summer spot market (except during SW evening peak)
- Modifications to purchase ahead market availability
- With CC data but removing MT and WY wind
3:00 – 3:15 Federal Adequacy Studies Update (for the 2021 power plan)
3:15 – 4:00 Sensitivity Studies and Heat Map
- High and low load growth
- Low and high winter spot market assumptions
- Low and high summer spot market assumptions
- Heat Map
- How useful is it?
- Do we really need it?
- What would it look like (i.e. more than 2-dimensional)?
Please register for RAAC Technical Comm - Oct 2020 at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.