System Analysis Advisory Committee
In person at Council's offices or by webinar. In person attendance is encouraged.
All meetings are recorded and recordings are available on request.
For those who cannot attend in person: Register for the GoToWebinar.
An email with your unique entry link will be sent after registration.
About this meeting:
The System Analysis Advisory Committee will be discussing scope, methodology, and potential scenarios for the 2024 Market Price Study that will support the 2024 Adequacy Assessment. In addition, the committee will be discussing the evolving capabilities of the Council's power system toolset and upcoming methodological work required to prepare for the next power plan.
On this same day the Resource Adequacy Advisory Committee will be meeting in the morning. We encourage those interested to attend both sessions!
1:00 – 1:15 Introductions, review agenda and minutes from previous meeting
1:15 – 1:45 Discussion on 2024 Market Study Assumptions, Process and Scope
- Proposed 2024 methodology and assumptions for modeling buildout in AURORA
- Differences between 2024 methodology
- Timeline: Update on WECC wide demand forecast and fuel prices, upcoming updates on existing resources and policies
- Discuss scenario design and scope for adequacy support and other needs
1:45 – 2:45 Discussion on Outside the Region Load Forecast and Fuel Prices
- Review the methodology and data sources on external to the region load forecasting
- Load scenarios: High demand or different demand trajectories
- Review Council December 2023 fuel price forecast
2:45 – 3:00 Break
3:00 – 3:45 Preliminary Discussion on OptGen/SDDP Use at the Council
- Review OptGen/SDDP functionalities and proposed configuration at the Council
- Considerations to parameterize appropriately for upcoming power plan
3:45 – 4:00 Topics for Upcoming Meetings and Conclusion
- SAAC meetings: March, April, May
- Draft Price Forecast and Avoided Market Emissions Rate Results
- Updates on GENESYS and OptGen