9:30am - 3:30pm Pacific Time
9:30 – 9:45 Introductions, approve minutes, and review agenda
9:45 – 10:15 Preview Needs Assessment Results
- Information alignment from GENESYS to guide AURORA Hydro
- Adequacy Reserve Margins from classic GENESYS
- Associated System Capacity Contribution setup review
- ASCC Array Table (xlsx) (8/5/2020)
NOTE: The ASCC table shows the composite capacity contribution for all combinations of new resources listed in the table. These ASCC values are based on historic water and temperature records. Council staff is currently updating these values based on climate change model forecast water and temperatures
10:15 – 10:45 Update of Federal/State/Municipal Policies
- Regional municipal policies and utility goals
- WECC wide policies
AGENDA UPDATED 8/5, TOPICS MOVED TO AFTERNOON:
12:00 – 12:45 Virtual Social Distancing Lunch
12:45 – 1:15 Review of Setup External Electricity Price Forecast Scenarios in AURORA
- Implementation of WECC-wide policies
- Resource build limitations: wind in California, gas plants on the west coast
- Climate change data
1:15 – 1:45 Draft Results: Baseline WECC Buildout
- Buildout for the Baseline Scenario
- Discussion of drivers
- Proposed methodology changes, if any
1:45 – 3:15 Draft Results: Baseline Electricity Price Forecast
- Mid-C Prices versus WECC-wide pricing
- Avoided Market Emissions Rate
- Use in the RPM: Price futures and market emissions rates
- Use in GENESYS: Supply stack
3:15 – 3:30 Topics for Upcoming Meetings and Conclusion
- SAAC meetings: September 2nd
- RPM Futures Methodology (Part 3)
- Adequacy results (ARMs and ASCCs)
- Continued discussion and results on scenarios
Please register for System Analysis Adv Comm - 8/5/2020 at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
**Please note: It is best to participate in the meeting via a headset connected to your computer and not to dial in by phone.
However, If you choose to dial in by phone for the meeting you MUST ENTER YOUR UNIQUE AUDIO PIN or you will not be able to speak.
You will still be able to submit written questions.
See the registration email for more details.
Need help? Contact Chad Madron