April 23, 2020
9:30am - 4:00pm Pacific Time
Council Offices, 851 SW Sixth Ave, Suite 1100, Portland, OR
RAAC/SAAC Combined Meeting
9:45 – 12:00 Resource Adequacy Assessment (this year will be a part of the 2021 Power Plan)
- Major underlying scenarios:
- Climate Change – for compatibility with the power plan will be based on the aggregate results from 3 climate change scenarios
- Historic – for consistency with previous assessments will be based on historic river runoff and temperature data
- Model: Classic GENESYS and to the extent possible the redeveloped GENESYS
- Limiting net imports in the redeveloped GENESYS
- What constitutes a deficit? Should high prices count? (first conversation)
12:00 – 12:45 Virtual Social Distancing Lunch
12:45 – 1:15 Existing System Resources
- What resources to include and how to count them.
1:15 - 2:45 Connecting GENESYS to the RPM
- Associated System Capacity Contribution (test array results (xlsx)
- Brief intro
- Resources to include in the array and implications for the RPM
- Adequacy Reserve Margin (aligning assumptions for RPM and GENESYS)
- Brief intro
- How do we account for resources in the ARM calculation?
- Capacity and energy contribution methodology for existing and new resources in RPM
2:45 – 3:00 On/off peak Hour Definitions for Economic Dispatch in the RPM
3:00 – 3:15 EE and DR Supply Curve data
- DR and EE elasticity array
3:15 – 3:45 AURORA Capital Expansion Assumptions
- Peak credit assumptions for VER
- Do we want to put limits on any resources (like gas plants in clean policy states or wind in CA)?
3:45 – 4:00 Topics for Upcoming Meetings and Conclusion
Committee charter/memberships updated in June 2020
- SAAC meetings: May 6th and June 2nd
- RAAC meetings: May 6th
- Assumptions on existing and new resources, load forecasts
- RPM futures methodology: Review and updates
- WECC-wide policy implementation in the models (RPM and AURORA)
- Climate change wind methodology
- Further redeveloped GENESYS discussion
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 309 2070
Access Code: 987-339-757