Wholesale Electricity Market Price and Avoided Emission Rates Forecasts
The Council’s annual market study provides a forecast of Mid-C market prices, avoided emissions rates and information on the associated fundamentals.
Primary contact: John Ollis
- Market Prices and Avoided Emissions Rate Results (xlsx)
- Summary presentation given to the SAAC (April 2023) (pptx)
Pacific Northwest Power Supply Adequacy Assessment (February 2023)
The council produces this assessment about annually on a regular cadence. It is also included as a part of the Power Plan when it is produced about every five years.
Primary contact: Dor Hirsh Bar Gai
- Adequacy Assessment for 2027 (released February 2023)
- Summary presentation given to the Power Committee in January 2023
- 2021 Power Plan Adequacy Overview
- NEW! 2023 Natural Gas Price Forecast (December 2023)
- 2022 Natural Gas Price Forecast Update (May 2022)
Electric Vehicles Forecast
Primary Contact: Steve Simmons
Will be added soon. See also the 2021 Power Plan
Older: Transportation & Behind-the-Meter Solar Forecast (2021)
The Northwest Power Act requires the Council to develop a plan to ensure an adequate, efficient, economical, and reliable power supply for the region. Working with regional partners and the public, the Council evaluates energy resources and their costs, electricity demand, and new technologies to determine a resource strategy for the region.
The Council publishes a power plan about every five years.
Forecasts and other info used to develop the The 2021 NW Power Plan (2022)
Need direction to other information? Wish to schedule a meeting with staff to discuss these forecasts? Reach out to Chad Madron, Senior Division Coordinator.